A quick message to recruiters
As much as we love the recruiters out there, and by gosh I bet you “have some great candidates to send” our way… This one isn’t for you.
Right now, we want to find our own new addition. It just makes it feel like we’ve really put the effort in… Know what we mean? More fulfilling if you will, if we do it ourselves. It’s not you, it’s us. When and if we do decide to go out to recruiters, we already have several relationships with agencies in place. If you’re not already one of them, then we don’t need you, sorry.
We are looking for a great Finance Manager that will analyse everyday financial activities and subsequently provide advice and guidance to our management team on future financial plans. The goal is to enable the company’s leaders to make sound business decisions and meet the company’s objectives.
This role will develop and monitor departmental budgets and track client profitability from inbound marketing to CRM implementation. Working alongside the operations team and other managers to establish the company’s future budgets whilst tracking and analysing all business expenses to make sure we are on target. You will regularly prepare financial reports where needed for quarterly updates, bi-annual and annual budgets, scheduling expenditures, analysing variances and initiating corrective actions. This role will also be responsible for scenario planning as the business grows into new regions.
Since there are a lot of moving parts, you must have great organisational and prioritisation skills, as well as the ability to multitask. This role requires you to be adept at collaborating with different teams within Six & Flow and to tackle the challenges head-on with the internal Financial and Ops team to enable the business to enjoy sustainable success.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide financial reports and interpret financial information to managerial staff while recommending further courses of action
- Advise on investment activities and provide strategies that the company should take
- Maintain the financial health of the organisation
- Analyse costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results and the company’s actual performance compared to the business plans
- Develop trends and projections for the company finances
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities
- Oversee operations of the finance department (working alongside the Ops Director), set goals and objectives, and design a framework for these to be met
- Manage the preparation of the company’s budget
- Liaise with external accountants to ensure appropriate monitoring of company finances and governance is maintained
- Coordinating and directing the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Develop internal control policies and procedures relating to finance
- Correspond with various other departments, discussing company plans and agreeing on future paths to be taken
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- 3+years agency experience
- Reporting & Analysis skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Troubleshoot and have a solution-based approach to financial issues
- A proactive and progressive approach
- Thorough, collaborative, and diligent
- Effective communications skills
- Must be comfortable making recommendations and presenting these in a digestible way
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process (you will work alongside our external accountants to complete this process)
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills (Xero)
Training & Certification
- BS/BA degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Business
- Professional qualification such as CIMA or ACCA or similar
- Proactivity in your role
- Organisational skill and proficiency in financial management
- A keen eye for detail and aptitude for quality work
- Strong understanding of the agency sales processes
- Empathy and understanding when working with team members and clients
- Isn't a dickhead.
- Working in a rapidly growing, playful business
- Working within a team-first agency
- Yearly conference budget
- Yearly training budget
- Gym membership
- Quarterly company performance-based team commission
- There's normally beer, dogs and cake
- Work from anywhere.
Email your CV, a covering letter, flowers, chocolates or other such “enticers” to email@example.com or just fill in the form below.