Marketing: Principal Strategist .
We are looking for a Principal Strategist to join our team, focussing on nurturing the team and the clients and taking ownership over the delivery of the growth work we deliver.
We are a growth and inbound marketing agency working primarily in digital, with massive ambitions and very exciting plans moving forward. For all of our work, the end goal is always to create positive and sustainable ROI for our clients. We help them grow. And we try to enjoy the process along the way...
We partner with our clients. We don’t just provide services, which is why it’s important the clients are the right fit for us, and us for them. We get involved from beginning to end so for us it’s important to bring on the right clients that fit our business, the way we work and that we feel we can offer some real value to.
Our clients (new and old) all fit the following mould:
- Clients we love working with (and have a good relationship with)
- Brands, services and products we believe in
- Clients we feel we can really add some value to
We believe that when we’re a good fit for our clients and likewise them for us, it makes for a nicer way to work and for nicer projects to be involved with.
The Principal Strategist will lead in setting the strategic direction for all clients for the two pods they look after (a team of eight). You are also responsible for supporting the Growth Strategists in running their pods and meeting client expectations.
You will be responsible for the pre-workshop data collection including the surveys and interview processes. You will run the workshops and then prepare the strategy and outline onboarding for the first 90 days of the client. Once completed you will sit in on the sprints and help the strategists in developing quarterly roadmaps.
You will be the point of escalation for client issues ensuring that their needs are met with solutions that also balance the needs of the wider team. You will need to ensure that the client understands the actions being taken and how they relate to the wider success of the project.
You are also responsible for ensuring your team is continually developing and improving their skillset. Identifying skills gaps across the pods and supporting them as their line manager. You will also be instrumental in improving the way we deliver services, the services we offer and the adoption of learnings across the growth pods.
- Based on service level indicators such as over or under servicing
- NPS scores and agreed upon client KPIs being met
- Team Development
- Maintaining a ‘book’ of clients with clear revenue goals
Responsibilities and Duties
- Understand client needs and deliver consistently high quality inbound, conversational and account-based marketing
- Liaise with clients and ensure project deliverables and timeframes are outlined to them for the first retained quarter
- Develop and deliver growth marketing strategies including ABM, conversational and inbound marketing
- Ensure the process is followed when launching growth marketing campaigns and those are managed by the team.
- Ensure your delivery pods are working through certifications
- Translate client business objectives into Growth marketing tactics
- Pre-workshop data collection including surveys and interviews
- Run strategy workshops alongside pod leads
- Create strategy documents outlining goals and KPIs, handing over aspects to pod lead where applicable
- Attend monthly client health checks
- Attend quarterly strategic client review
- Support paid media activity (when needed)
- Manage teams time off and weekly feedback tool
- Give feedback, plan training resources for team
- Development plans & pathways (with the support of HR)
- Ensure that projects are tracking profitably in our project management tools
- Inbound Marketing and automation processes
- Understanding of paid methods
- Understanding of theory and implementation of Conversational marketing
- Ability to analyse, diagnose and solve problems or issues
- Plan and prioritise based on predicted outcomes
- Understanding of theory and implementation of Account-based marketing
- Team leadership
Training & Certification
- Google Analytics Training and if possible full GAIQ Certification
- Drift University completion
- All applicable HubSpot Platform Certification
- Proactivity in searching for new opportunities to improve the client’s campaigns
- Organisational skill and proficiency in project management
- A keen eye for detail and aptitude for quality assurance
- Strong understanding of the SAF processes and how to administer them
- Empathy and understanding when working with team members and clients
- Isn't a dickhead.
The ideal candidate will have
- A minimum of 6 years’ industry specific experience
- Expertise within the strategy creation process
- A commercial mindset with a desire to make change happen
- Experience working on end-to-end projects
- Natural leadership skills and is a team player
- Working in a rapidly growing, playful business
- Working within a team-first agency
- Yearly conference budget
- Yearly training budget
- Gym membership
- Quarterly company performance-based team commission
- There's normally beer, dogs and cake.
Email your CV, a covering letter, flowers, chocolates or other such “enticers” to firstname.lastname@example.org or just fill in the form below.