Operations: Resource Manager .
The resource manager will work closely with our internal teams to prioritise work coming in and channel it to the right people/resource. They will also constantly look ahead managing workflow into the agency, ensuring we are never short of resources to fulfil what’s forecasted.
The resource manager will be an integral part of the team working closely with Delivery, Client Service, Sales and Ops to ensure all project requirements are adequately resourced so the team can continue to deliver world class work. Alongside this, you will be determining personnel requirements, providing support to our CSM’s/DPM’s and collaborating on resource management with multiple teams within our organisation. You will identify skills gaps across the agency and work alongside Department Heads to ensure we are upskilling existing staff. This role will also identify where we have a skills shortage and provide recruitment support to ensure we bring the right team to support our growth.
This role will be able to accurately assess resource model needs and provide sufficient capacity to realise projects’ goals. You will have solid people management skills, exceptional communication skills, and great organisational skills. You will also know how to use your intuition to problem solve effectively and be continually looking at ways to improve processes. You will be using our project management tools to map out resources and use our CRM platform to gain insights into the project types forecasted from Sales.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for ensuring all resource requests are prioritised and filled.
- Assigning available staff to projects based on their skills and experience.
- Identifying skills gaps to department heads to ensure we are upskilling existing staff or hiring additional support where necessary.
- Providing Client Success Managers and Digital PMs with ongoing resource management and related support.
- Monitoring staff utilisation rates and workload.
- Mitigating resource concerns by reallocating resources, adjusting goals, or assigning additional staff.
- Assisting with HR processes such as recruitment for delivery roles.
- Sourcing freelance support for all aspects of delivery where required
- Working with our Client Success team and Department Heads to plan the pipeline of workflow into the agency, mitigating the risk of overloading the teams.
- Working closely with the sales team in forward planning and identifying and skill shortages across the agency.
- Commercial mindset and strong business acumen
- Solutions and results-driven mindset
- Reporting & analysis
- Organisational and time-management skills
- Experience in managing budgets
- Proactive and progressive approach
- Thorough, collaborative, and diligent
- Effective communications skills
Training & Certification:
- Past experience in resource management, studio management or account management ideally within a marketing/growth agency
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker
- 'Tech-savvy' - we use a lot of tools in our sales process
- Growth mindset, both personally and professionally
- Ability to multitask, prioritise, and manage time effectively
- Motivation, drive and a self-starting attitude